Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The journey into my first physique competition

NPC San Jose July 14th

March 26th marked the beginning of contest prep to compete in a physique competition. Think bodybuilder but not as big. You follow a similar training program, however your goal is not to to be the biggest. The goal is to be the most conditioned, symmetrical and proportionate. This is something I have always wanted to do but never actually pulled the trigger!! I knew it would be hard but I had NO idea what I was getting into!

I am currently 10 weeks into my prep with 6 weeks left to go. I have been on a very limited and strict diet with multiple workouts per day. I eat 6 meals a day and they are all basically the same with slight variations. No fruit or nuts...... ahhh what do I do!! At first I thought "this isnt too bad" but as time has gone on and my body fatigues, each workout has gotten harder and harder. Its not just about working out and cardio though. I spend hours and hours shopping, cooking and prepparing my food for the week. I carry a cooler (I can fit a VW bug inside it) with me everywhere I go with all my food for the day along with backup protein shakes and a gallon of water.


I still have 6 weeks to go and I cant begin to describe what I have learned about myself. I cant count the times I didnt want to cook or go to the gym yet I knew that the guy on stage next to me wasnt taking a day off. I lost count of all the food cravings I have, the events I have missed, the family and friends I have no time for and my poor truck hasnt been washed in 10 weeks haha! I feel like a space cadet (ok thats normal, but more than normal) and cant always gather my thoughts.

BUT what I have learned is that my mind is way more powerful than I ever imagined. I have proved to myself that if something is wanted and wanted bad enough, it CAN be obtained. Trying is second place, you do or you dont! As the saying goes "your mind will give up 1000 times before your body will". 

Ok its time to go eat meal number 5! The journey is not over yet and there is still 6 weeks of learning to do! Just remember, if you want something bad enough you will find a way!!

To be cont.........

No comments:

Post a Comment